Advancing Futures Vertebral Subluxation Research & Scholarship Initiative
The Task at Hand
We are at a crossroads in chiropractic... a time where we may lose our identity or forge forward with chiropractic leading the new paradigm of health and well-being. As practitioners, we see the evidence of chiropractic adjustments every day in our practices. To us, it is undeniable. But in terms of substantiating ourselves with the value and recognition we deserve, we are in dire need of a Research Agenda to forge forward and gain our rightful position: leaders in the chiropractic vitalistic paradigm.
Advancing Futures is our best hope at accomplishing a collaborative, organized movement in this direction. We stand behind these vitalistic principles:
· The body is a self-regulating, self-maintaining organism;
· The nervous system controls and coordinates all functions of the body;
· The spine and vertebrae house and protect the nervous system;
· Vertebral subluxations can occur and interfere with the function of the nervous system;
· Reducing and/or correcting vertebral subluxations allows the nervous system to function better and allows the fullest expression of life.
This research agenda seeks to validate the profession and position chiropractic as a vitalistic, scientific, evidence-informed clinical practice. The more research, the greater the chance the profession will have of gaining a higher degree of respect, understanding and acceptance in the health care marketplace, the scientific community and among the patients it serves. It is imperative to make these new research advancements available to the public, other health professions, and to legislators in order to promote and to systematically advance the field of subluxation centered chiropractic through the initiation of favorable public health policy.
CLICK HERE FOR A DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE RESEARCH AGENDA